Pilates Education Matwork Instructor
Do you want to become a certified Matwork instructor in Classical Pilates?
You will receive a Matwork Education and learn how to teach in a safe way according to the Classical Pilates method. Our work and philosophy maintain the heritage from the original method developed by Joseph H. Pilates. We are the only Pilates studio in Sweden with a 2nd generation Classical Pilates teacher. Are you ready to belong to the elite and become a world-class Matwork Pilates instructor?
I am so happy that I got to do this certification. Stephanie’s way of teaching is easy to follow for everyone, no matter the background you have or the level of physical fitness you are in. Her readiness to answer the questions, her openness, makes her very easy to approach. This was the far most knowledgeable and thorough education I have attended, covering every important issue a Pilates teacher should know. Stephanie’s background and classes I took at Pilates Via made me decide that she is the teacher for me. I love how my body embraces what I have learnt. Even though I have been teaching since 2005, my own learning will continue for sure.
I’m so glad I took this Classic Pilates Matwork education! I learned to guide others to find “the right muscles” in a more efficient way and I feel better in my own body! What an experience the intensive training period has been! Intensive learning process that has been presented in a pedagogical and well thought out way. Stephanie is a rock at teaching! She has always been available and contributed constructive feedback. It was so much fun and I’ve already used a lot of exercises in my job as a physiotherapist and started having exercise groups!
You will learn how to teach Matwork classes in Classical Pilates. A small group of apprentices get the opportunity to study with Stephanie Fjalestad, a 2nd generation teacher. You will learn body and movement principles and how to teach from beginner to experienced level in an easy and practical way. An education in Classical Pilates is both fun and challenging.
We teach you practical skills on how to use Joe’s original Pilates principles and method. The education includes practical body and movement knowledge. You will learn how to teach using your voice, your hands and how to assess peoples’ individual needs. We teach you how to use modifications to simplify and progressions to challenge people with appropriate exercises.
We will provide clear directions on how to teach group classes with confidence for different skill levels and lengths of time. Guided by your teacher and mentor, this education motivates you step-by-step how to best learn and practice to become a safe and inspirational Classical Pilates instructor.
You should plan approximately 6 hours per week from the start of the course until you are ready for examination. This international education is taught in English.
The Pilates Via’s Matwork Instructor Education
This international eduction is held in English to increase your opportunities to work all over the world.
MATWORK TRAINING PROGRAM
- Digital learning platform for self-study
- Two mandatory 3-day Workshops including lunch & fika
- Diploma of Participation
- Examination (by 2nd generation instructor)
- Certificate of Excellence (if you score 80% or higher)
- 30 Matwork Classes (50 min) at a value of 11 700 kr
- Mentorship from a 2nd Generation (Joseph H. Pilates > Romana Kryzanowska > Stephanie Fjalestad) Pilates Teacher
- Observation of Classical Pilates classes and exclusive access to our library of over 100 recorded classes
- Apprentice meetings with your teacher to support your progression and to answer all of your questions
- Lifetime membership to our digital library for instructors with videos and much more
Price: 29 450 SEK incl. VAT
There is an option to split the education fee into two parts. We’re happy to share more details about this offer during your intervju.
TIP! Pay no later than 4 weeks before the education starts, and we give you 10 extra Matwork Classes to the value of SEK 3,900 incl. VAT.
When does the next Matwork education start?
Next education starts in January and August 2024.
- Week 1 (Fri 23:59) January 5, 2024 – Application deadline
- Week 2 (Fri 17-18) January 12, 2024 – Education Starts w. Virtual Meet & Greet
- Week 5 (Fri-Sun 09-17) February 2-4, 2024 – Workshop #1
- Week 12 (Fri-Sun 09-17) March 22-24, 2024 – Workshop #2
- Week 18 (Sat 14-17) May 4, 2024 – Examination
- Week 31 (Fri 23:59) August 2, 2024 – Application deadline
- Week 32 (Fri 17-18) August 9, 2024 – Education Starts w. Virtual Meet & Greet
- Week 35 (Fri-Sun 09-17) August 30-31, September 1, 2024 – Workshop #1
- Week 42 (Fri-Sun 09-17) October 18-20, 2024 – Workshop #2
- Week 48 (Sat 14-17) November 40, 2024 – Examination
Fill out the Interested form and we will get in touch and tell you more.
- Submit the interested form
- You will receive an email with more information
- Virtual Admissions Interview
- If you are accepted, you will receive an email with information on how to book and pay for the education.
During the eduction you will learn from Swedens most Senior Pilates Teachers in Classical Pilates.
Yes! You should be genuinely interested in Pilates with a desire to inspire and help others.
Becoming a Classical Pilates instructor requires time, motivation and commitment. If you have the drive, we will help you to become an instructor. The Pilates Via education includes our unique mentorship program from a 2nd generation teacher with valuable experience and knowledge to guide you through your education.
I have more questions - who do I contact?
Fill out the interested form and add all questions you might have and we’ll get back to you shortly
I don't live in Stockholm - Can I join this unique Classical Pilates education?
Yes, you can. Fill out the interested form below and add any questions you might have and we’ll contact you to discuss how we can make this happen!
I can't participate in all mandatory weekends - Is there a way to catch up?
Yes, you can. Fill out the interested form below and let us know which weekend(s) you have a scheduling conflict with and we’ll contact you to discuss how we can make this happen for you!
I already have a Pilates Certification - Do you offer a bridge program?
No, unfortunately not for the Mat Education.
Do you offer any continued education?
After completing the Matwork Instructor Education and passing the exam you’ll become eligible for any of the following educations:
- Advanced Matwork Education (teaching advanced matwork, magic circle, hand weights and wall exercises)
- Special Populations Workshops (pre-, and post-natal, elderly)
You are also eligible to begin your journey to become a Professional Pilates Instructor.
- Step 1 – Apparatus Reformer Education (teaching essential to progressive matwork and reformer apparatus)
- Step 2a – Apparatus Cadillac & Tower Education (teaching essential to progressive matwork, reformer, cadillac and tower apparatus)
- Step 2b – Apparatus Chairs Education (teaching essential to progressive, reformer, and chairs)
- Step 2c – Apparatus Barrels Education (teaching essential to progressive matwork, reformer, and barrels)
- Step 3 – Advanced Apparatus Education (teaching advanced matwork & apparatus classes & sessions)
I don't want to do the final exam and receive a certification - Can I only participate in the weekend workshops?
Yes, you can. It’s optional to do the exam and you will always receive a Diploma of participation but no certificate.
I work a full-time job - Can I make it work?
You know yourself best. Most people who went through this education had full-time jobs and made it work. We recommend you practice (train matwork classes, observe matwork classes, self-practice and practice training others) approximately 6 hours per week on average throughout the education.
What books do you recommend?
We recommend these books as an introduction and deep dive for the education.
Do you offer payment plans?
Yes. There is an option to split the payments into two parts without a fee. Part one (SEK 15 250) is due before the education starts and part two (SEK 14 200) is due prior to workshop #2.