Safe post-natal restorative training for new moms. Mama Pilates improves your strength and control in a safe way
Mama Pilates strengthens your postural and pelvic floor muscles after birth. Women encounter different challenges and we focus on strengthening the deep abdominal muscles, stabilizing the pelvis, opening the chest, and correcting your posture. Learn how to improve your strength and control to feel good in a safe way.
- Safe environment to regain your connection to your core as long as you adhere to the current guidelines and wait 6-8 weeks after a vaginal birth and 10-12 weeks after a C-section
- Restores confidence in your new post-partum body. The focus is on getting stronger and reconnected, not how you look. Pilates helps women to focus on the changes within
- Improves diastasis recti which approximately 30% of women still suffer from 8 weeks after delivery. This thinning of connective tissue near the belly button can be improved by strengthening the deep abdominals.
- Restores control at a time when you have little control over the changes in your body, your sleep patterns and and your energy level. It is helpful to feel that for one hour you can focus on YOU!
- Strengthens pelvic floor muscles which can help with stress, incontinence and prolapse
- Good for your overall well-being because this class is geared toward postnatal recovery and not pushing your body to the point of exhaustion before you are ready
- Builds community by meeting other moms experiencing a similar situation to yours. Grab a fika and socialize after class!
I am so glad I came across Stephanie’s Mama Pilates classes in Stockholm after quite some trial and error elsewhere. I appreciate her knowledge and that she carefully keeps an eye on us and focuses on our individual needs during classes. She is very professional. The variety of exercises was great as well and I always felt so good afterwards. The set up where I can train and take the little one with me was just perfect for me too and also a good chance to meet other mums. My diastasis recti is recovered and I now can visit normal classes – which I definitely will as I absolutely found pleasure in the Pilates method.
I was desperate to get some workout during this self-isolation period with three small kids at home. I am very happy with these sessions. I get a tough workout, adapted to my skill set and needs. Stephanie is pushing to more than I would ever be able to do on my own. Moreover, I find it fun and always manage to get a good laugh.
Finding Mama Pilates has changed my post pregnancy body. I have become more aware of my body and with Stephanie’s guidance I’m feeling stronger, stable and my diastasis has all but healed – I couldn’t ask for anything more !
I highly recommend Stephanie’s Mama Pilates class. I was totally new to Pilates and I’ve done 2 courses now. I think it’s a good and safe way to reconnect to your body and start exercising after giving birth. Stephanie is a great teacher who pays attention to your posture very well – and let me say, little adjustments can make a huge difference in Pilates.
I like how Stephanie focuses on the technique and always corrects even the smallest mistake. I have never trained the abs so well as in her classes. Great teaching, perfect to get back into shape post pregnancy!
I trained Mama Pilates with Stephanie after my second pregnancy. It was just what my tired body needed to regain strength and flexibility that I had lost during pregnancy and breastfeeding. After each session I felt several years younger. It is evident that Stephanie has a deal of great knowledge of how the body works, and knows which muscles needs the extra attention after a pregnancy. She is an inspiring and focused instructor who sees what each member of the group needs to adjust to get the most out of each exercise. I wish I had found Stephanie after my first pregnancy!
No membership required. From SEK 315 per class.
Small classes of 1-5 people with individual feedback.
Contact Us if you have any further questions.
What should I choose to start with?
Before you start Mama Pilates, we want you to wait at least 6 weeks after a vaginal birth and at least 10 weeks after a caesarean section.
You are welcome to come by yourself or bring your baby until they start crawling. When they start crawling, our experience is that you find it harder to focus on you and your body.
Take a break from class and take care of your child if you need to and then jump in again.
Remember to be patient with yourself. Everyone is at different fitness levels before they became pregnant. Everyone had unique experiences during pregnancy and childbirth. Now everyone is probably at a different point after giving birth. Take your time to get to know your body in a safe way.
Good to know before your class
- All classes is in English unless otherwise stated in your booking.
- Wear comfortable clothing without a zipper or other sharp details. We train in socks (preferably grip socks for your safety) when we train Classical Pilates.
- Bring your own water bottle and drink plenty during and after the class.
Train Mama Pilates in Studio Haga
- You can park the stroller inside the entrance.
- Bring a small blanket, baby nest or similar and a few (quiet) toys.
- Inside the studio there is room to breastfeed (not solid food) when you need.
Read Train at Pilates Via Odenplan | Studio H (Hagagränd 2) and Train at Pilates Via Online | Studio O (Zoom) for more information.
What does it cost?
First. No membership fees or other frills.
NEWS: From January 1, 2023, you use Via © Credits, our training credits when you book.
How much does a Via © Credit cost?
1 © Credit costs SEK 185 including 6% VAT.
Do you have discounts?
Yes, it will be cheaper if you buy more Via © Credits at the same time.
1-19 © no discount given
20-49 © you get our Get Started Price, i.e. 5% discount
50-99 © you get our Get Moving Price, i.e. 10% discount
100+ © you get our Get Results Price, i.e. 15% discount
We do not offer any other discounts to new clients.
Can I try a class?
Absolutely! When you register at my.pilatesvia.com, you get 1 Via © Credit absolutely FREE from us to book any 25 min Matwork class. If you’d rather try a 50 min Matwork class or an Apparatus class, you can absolutely do that, but you need to buy an additional 1-2 Via © Credits.
How do I buy Via © Credits?
Sign-up on my.pilatesvia.com. We give you 1 Via © Credit for FREE which you can use to book any Matwork Class (25 min). Then you top up your account with additional Via © Credits using your card or invoice.
- Up to SEK 8,350, you pay by card (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX) from our secure partner Stripe.
- Over SEK 8,350, you pay by invoice.
When can I start using my Via © Credits?
- If you pay by card, your Via © Credits are added to the account as soon as the payment goes through.
- If you pay against an invoice, your Via © Credits will be added to the account when we have received the money in our bank account.
How much do the Matwork classes cost?
Matwork Classes (Mat and MELT) cost from SEK 160 per session. The classes are small and efficient with 1-6 people in each class.
- Matwork Class (25 min) — 1 © (from SEK 160)
- Matwork Class (50 min) — 2 © (from SEK 315)
How much do the Apparatus classes cost?
Apparatus classes (Reformer, Tower and “Wunda” Chair) cost from SEK 315 per session. The classes are small and efficient with 1-6 people in each class.
- Apparatus (1-6 people) Class (25 min) — 2 © (from SEK 315)
- Apparatus (1-6 people) Class (50 min) — 3 © (from SEK 475)
Can I use my employer health benefits and train Pilates?
Yes. The Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) approves Pilates training as a tax deductible exercise and wellness benefit activity. You will receive a receipt approved by the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) via email after we have received your payment. The receipt contains all the details that the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) requires from your employer.
Do you have monthly or annual memberships?
Nop, we do not offer monthly or annual memberships.
We only have Via © Credits which you use to book.
How do I book?
You book all classes at my.pilatesvia.com no later than 1 hour before class begins.
Uncertain? No problem, as a new client you get 1 Via © Credit when you register and can book any Matwork class (25 min) at no cost to you. After that, you buy more Via © Credits and then you also always have a 30-day right of withdrawal (sv. Ångerrätt).
If you have more questions please contact us and we will help you get started. We look forward to seeing you soon!
I've never done Pilates before, when will I see results?
Joe Pilates always said, “In 10 sessions you will feel the difference, in 20 you will see the difference, and in 30 you will have a whole new body”
Can I do this?
Yes, provided you can stand, sit and lie on the floor, you can train classes. If you have been recommended by a physiotherapist, doctor or have a known injury, we recommend at least one private session first. During a private session together with a professional instructor, you discuss your individual goals and specific challenges. The instructor observes how you move and together you step-by-step review how to modify specific exercises during a class so that you feel confident and at the same time get a safe and effective workout.
I have a disability, can I train Pilates?
It depends on your disability. We currently have clients with prosthetics who train, but we are unfortunately not able to train people who have mobility, hearing or visual impairments for safety reasons. This is something we continuously evaluate and hope to be able to offer in the future as Pilates is really good for everyone. If you are uncertain, please contact us to consult.
How often should I exercise?
To promote health, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, prevent premature death and to maintain or improve physical capacity such as fitness and strength the following is recommended for all adults from 18 years and up:
- Be physically active in total at least 150 minutes a week. The intensity should be at least moderate. At high intensity recommended at least 75 minutes per week. The activity should be spread over at least three of days of the week. Moderate and high intensity can also be combined. More physical activity provides additional health effects.
- Muscle strengthening physical activity should be performed at least twice a week for the majority of the body’s large muscle groups.
- The elderly (defined here as adults over the age of 65) should also practice balance.
Joseph Pilates was ahead of his time and he recommended exercising 3 times a week. We believe you will see development with at least one private session or class per week as a complement to other physical activity to stretch and strengthen your entire body. If you can exercise two to three times a week, you will feel results much faster.
How late can I book / cancel?
You can book a class up until <strong>1 hour before (new from 2023)</strong> your class start.
You can cancel a class up until <strong>6 hours before (new from 2023)</strong> your class start.
How do I change a booking?
You sign in at my.pilatesvia.com and cancel within 12 hours (new from 2023) before training starts.
PS: Don’t forget to change any calendar event in your calendar to the new date/time.
Train at Pilates Via Odenplan (Studio H & Studio S)
Pilates Via Odenplan is located near Odenplan on the corner of Surbrunnsgatan and Hagagränd. There are two fully equipped studios there, Studio S (Surbrunnsgatan 60) & Studio H (Hagagränd 2) with two different entrances.
- We provide apparatus, training mats and tools.
- The studio opens 10 minutes before the class starts. Use the gate code you receive in your booking confirmation to enter.
- Wash your hands when you arrive.
- Clothing room & shower available
Train at Pilates Via Online (Studio O)
- Use your own exercise mat. We use a thick exercise mat (10-15 mm) that is at least as long as you. Alternatively, you can use several thin exercise mats or a thin exercise mat on top of a regular floor mat.
- Use your own hand weights. We use light hand weights (0.5-1.0 kg). Alternatively, you can use cans or water bottles.
- Use your own props. We use a Magic Circle. Alternatively, you can use Thera-Band or a belt to aid stretching.
- Use your own soft MELT roller (MELT classes only). Alternatively, you can use another foam roller that is at least 90 cm long.
- Bring a sturdy armless chair (Pregnancy classes only).
- We use Zoom at Studio Online. We use a laptop or tablet for a better experience, but a modern mobile phone also works. Install and test Zoom well in advance of your class.
- The studio opens 10 minutes before the class starts. Do not forget to charge your device before classes start, alternatively charge during class. Feel free to test Zoom before you step into Studio Online so you know that everything works fine on your end to avoid unnecessary stress for you. Log in to your class at Studio Online using the link you received in your booking confirmation email.
- Position your device’s camera as shown below. We recommend a slight angle, ie not straight from the side or from the front, and a bit up from the ground so that you can see all four corners of the exercise mat and your head is visible when you sit up straight in the middle of your exercise mat.