An exclusive Classical Pilates session at the studio
Your studio session will be tailored to your fitness level by a professional Pilates instructor. Increase your strength and movement quality at a fully equipped Classical Pilates studio. Studio sessions are really the best way to learn Pilates and to achieve your goals faster.
- Perfect for Everybody regardless of your fitness level, age, body type, or pre-existing injuries. That’s because Classical Pilates consists of over 600 exercises all of which have modifications and variations. The exercises can be tailored for beginners, professional athletes or anyone in between!
- It’s a Full Body Workout so even though Pilates focuses on core strength, it also develops strength and flexibility in the extremities. Compared to many other activities that isolate the muscles of the body, Pilates is an extremely efficient method of exercise because it works the body as a whole.
- Improves Mind-Body Awareness by bringing attention to your posture and which muscles you are engaging at any given moment. This mind-body connection is important in everyday movement as well as in your other physical activities.
- Increases Flexibility by contracting certain muscles, while finding length through other muscles. Many exercises work on increasing range of motion through a joint or focus on building flexibility through muscles.
- Improves Posture by your increasing your understanding of correct body alignment and increasing core strength. Good posture is a reflection of good alignment supported by a strong core.
- Improves athletic performance for a wide range of activities including golf, running, cycling, skiing, tennis, dance and more! A stronger core means more power from your center when rotating in racquet and club sports. Expect better posture, coordination, control and flexibility for all athletes.
- Risk of injury is reduced by creating a more balanced body and strengthening underutilized muscles. Bad backs improve by building support and stability in the deep abdominals and muscles that support the spine.
- Improves balance and joint health which is particularly important for older adults. Classical Pilates also improves circulation, overall health and well-being.
I went to Stephanie with back pain and although it is still early days, I am absolutely amazed by the results and a measurable reduction in pain in just two months. She is one of those great teachers who really takes the time to understand what is best for your body and fitness level, very attentive and recognizes when to push you and when to praise you.
I like how Stephanie focuses on the technique and always corrects even the smallest mistake. I have never trained the abs so well as in her classes. Great teaching, perfect to get back into shape post pregnancy!
Don’t let Stephanie’s quiet demeanor fool you. She is a meticulous and challenging Pilates instructor who customizes my program to my physical needs. I had a very complicated hip replacement and Stephanie worked with me at 10 days post operative while I was on crutches and took me all the way back to full health. She read about the kind of surgery I had and worked to help me rehab. Once I was back to full strength, she continued to challenge me. Stephanie is amazing!
I have used various pilates instructors over the years so I have a good idea of what to look for in an instructor. Steph’s classically trained background (Romana taught) and her knowledge of body movement makes her a great instructor. If she was still in NYC, I’d still be training with her!
Stephanie helped me achieve more than I ever thought was possible. Her knowledge & dedication make her the perfect pilates instructor.
No question that Pilates moves your body toward good health, flexibility, and great energy. No question that Stephanie is a master at teaching! I worked with Stephanie for five years, three times a week. Stephanie is kind and fun. She is also committed to no nonsense and hard work. I have been blessed with the results! If you are looking for a way to liberate your stressed and sagging body, Pilates with Stephanie is the magic potion.
Working one on one with a skilled trainer is extremely beneficial as the teacher is able to fine tune your workout to your skill level, build on your strengths, and work on your challenges. Stephanie Fjalestad has been my primary instructor for the last twelve years and it is a pleasure working with her. What I truly admire is her ability to combine so many aspects into the classes including MELT, mat work, and working with all of the equipment. Her professionalism, experience and knowledge are brought together in an engaging personal teaching style. The newest aspect to our continuing relationship is how we have been able to continue but at the same time re-structure our sessions using Skype!
Stephanie took me from a brand-new beginner, recovering from a tough (third) c-section, to an intermediate/advanced Pilates practitioner in less than two yrs! Her experience and smarts allowed her to adapt my exercises to my very low ability upfront, and then slowly and consistently raise the bar, challenging me to work harder and get stronger and more flexible. Stephanie knows when to push and when to let go a bit, and she is flexible enough (in her thinking, not just in her body) to adjust the difficulty level between and even within sessions.
I had the opportunity to train with other Pilates trainers while Stephanie was away, and learned to appreciate her methodology and upbeat personality even more. Over the past 8 years my body has strengthened tremendously and I feel and look leaner, lighter and more energized.
No membership required. From SEK 980 per Private Session and SEK 560 per person for a Duet Session.
You train with a professional instructor on classical apparatus in a fully equipped Pilates studio.
Unique customized Private Sessions (1 Person) and Duet Sessions (2 People).
What should I choose to start with?
We recommend most people to start with a Private Session as a beginner. It will help you to understand the basics properly. You will learn how to modify the exercises to your own ability and this will make the classes more effective.
A Private Session is completely adapted to the individual so you can be pregnant, a new mother, or 60+. Later you can participate in our special classes Pregnancy Pilates (safely train all trimesters), Mama Pilates (train correctly after birth) and Vintage Pilates (for you 60+ and who do not exercise regularly).
A Duet Session is for you who are two people. You can be two friends, two new moms or two 60-plus friends. You book individually or together.
For Group Sessions with more than two people, please contact us to book.
Good to know before before your studio session?
- All sessions are in English unless otherwise stated in your booking.
- Wear comfortable clothing without a zipper or other sharp details. We train in socks (preferably grip socks for your safety) when we train Classical Pilates.
- Bring your own water bottle and drink plenty during and after the session.
Read Train at Studio Odenplan & Haga for more information.
How do I book?
If you cannot find a suitable date and time which suits your schedule you contact us with preferred dates and times and we’ll find a solution together.
Unsure? No problem. You have 28 days to change your mind for a full refund. If you have additional questions please contact us and we’ll be happy to help. Looking forward seeing you soon!
Temporary Changes During Pandemic
We follow authorities guidelines and current laws and regulations. Learn more.
Until July 1st, 2021 you can reschedule up to 6 hours before your class starts. From July 1st, 2021 you can reschedule your class up to 24 hours before your class starts.
What's the difference between Pilates and Yoga?
Both Yoga and Pilates are mind-body exercise methods but there are some key differences:
- In Yoga the main focus is breathing. In Pilates the focus is precision of movement, breathing is secondary.
- Yoga tends to be more static, holding poses. Pilates tends to have more flow of movement.
- Yoga is rooted in spiritual, meditative practice. In Pilates there is no spiritual aspect.
I've never done Pilates before, when will I see results?
Joe Pilates always said, “In 10 sessions you will feel the difference, in 20 you will see the difference, and in 30 you will have a whole new body”
Can I do this?
Yes, provided you can stand, sit and lie on the floor, you can train classes. If you have been recommended by a physiotherapist, doctor or have a known injury, we recommend at least one private session first. During a private session together with a professional instructor, you discuss your individual goals and specific challenges. The instructor observes how you move and together you step-by-step review how to modify specific exercises during a class so that you feel confident and at the same time get a safe and effective workout.
I have a disability, can I train Pilates?
It depends on your disability. We currently have clients with prosthetics who train, but we are unfortunately not able to train people who have mobility, hearing or visual impairments for safety reasons. This is something we continuously evaluate and hope to be able to offer in the future as Pilates is really good for everyone. If you are uncertain, please contact us to consult.
How often should I exercise?
Joseph Pilates was ahead of his time and he recommended exercising 3 times a week. We believe you will see development with at least one private session or class per week as a complement to other physical activity to stretch and strengthen your entire body. If you can exercise two to three times a week, you will feel results much faster.
To promote health, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, prevent premature death and to maintain or improve physical capacity such as fitness and strength the following is recommended for all adults from 18 years and up:
- Be physically active in total at least 150 minutes a week. The intensity should be at least moderate. At high intensity recommended at least 75 minutes per week. The activity should be spread over at least three of days of the week. Moderate and high intensity can also be combined. More physical activity provides additional health effects.
- Muscle strengthening physical activity should be performed at least twice a week for the majority of the body’s large muscle groups.
- The elderly (defined here as adults over the age of 65) should also practice balance.
How much does sessions cost?
First. No membership fees or other frills.
The price depends on the type of session (Private, Duet/Group), the location (Studio/Remote, Home or Office), and whether you buy individual sessions or buy a Class Pass. See Home Sessions and Office Sessions for additional information about these options.
The Class Passes are Get Started (4 sessions), Get Moving (12 sessions) or Get Results (20 sessions) and are available for different types of sessions. The Class Passes can be shared between multiple people so feel free to bring a friend or family member to a Duet/Group Session!
Price Comparison per Person for Studio/Remote Sessions
|Private (1 person)||Duet (2 people)||Group (3+ people)|
|990 SEK||495 SEK||495 SEK|
|1,155 SEK||660 SEK||660 SEK|
|1,085 SEK||620 SEK||620 SEK|
|1,050 SEK||600 SEK||600 SEK|
|980 SEK||560 SEK||560 SEK|
All Class Passes have no expiration date. All prices are stated in Swedish kronor (SEK) including 6% VAT.
Do you have discounts?
For those of you who have not tried a Private or Duet/Group session, we offer a trial-discount -165 SEK.
Use the discount code TRYASESSION when you book and the price will be adjusted the first time you book with us.
Unfortunately, we do not offer other discounts such as student discount, pensioner discount, etc.
Do you have monthly or annual memberships? How much is a Class Pass?
We do not offer monthly or annual memberships for unlimited training. We offer Class Passes which can be shared between multiple people.
The advantage of a Class Pass is that you can take a break for as long and as often as you want. No stress if you feel unwell for a period of time or if you are planning a longer trip!
All types, Private Sessions (50 min) and Duet/Group Sessions (50 min), have their own Class Passes. Most people choose one of the Get Started Class Passes after they have completed a trial session, but it is of course optional to choose the one that suits you best.
- Get Started (4 sessions)—4,340 SEK (comp. price 1,085 SEK/session. You save 180 SEK)
- Get Moving (12 sessions)—12,600 SEK (comp. price 1,050 SEK/session. You save 1,260 SEK)
- Get Results (20 sessions)—19,600 SEK (comp. price 980 SEK/session. You save 3,500 SEK)
- Get Started (4 sessions)—2,480 SEK (comp. price 620 SEK/session. You save 160 SEK)
- Get Moving (12 sessions)—7,200 SEK (comp. price 600 SEK/session. You save 720 SEK)
- Get Results (20 sessions)—11,200 SEK (comp. price 560 SEK/session. You save 2,000 SEK)
Comparison prices for all Duet / Group Sessions are per person and session.
How do I buy a Class Pass?
You can buy all Get Started Class Passes when you book your session. To buy any of the Get Moving or Get Results Class Passes, email us at email@example.com and we will help you.
Klick on Book to open a new tab and begin booking. Note! It is currently not possible to only buy a Class Pass without booking at least one session.
- Click [CLASS PASSES] to see your options and prices.
- Click [Select] to add a Class Pass to your shopping cart.
- Click [SCHEDULE] or [Select more] to return to the schedule and add sessions to your shopping cart. You should now see the text Included in your class pass just below the Select section if the class pass you just added can be used to book this session.
- Click [View selections] to show your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
How late can I book / reschedule?
Sessions are bookable up to 24 hours before the session starts. If you need to reschedule, you can do so yourself up to 24 hours before your session starts using the link provided in your booking confirmation you received via email.
How do I reschedule my booking?
Find your booking confirmation email (or reminder email).
- Click [View booking]. A new window opens with your booking details (no need to login).
- Find the session you want to reschedule from the list
- Click [Ticket options]
- Click [Transfer ticket]
- Click on the list <Select event and ticket type>
- Choose what you want to train from the list. Only valid options to be rescheduled (transfered) into for this booking will be shown.
- Click [Select a new ticket date/time] to pick a new date/time you would like to reschedule to
- Click [Save] and then [OK] to confirm and proceed with the change to move selected date/time of your booking.
A new email is sent to you with the title “Ticket changed” where you see both the Transferred (old date/time) and the Transfer (new date/time).
PS. Don’t forget to change any Calendar Event you may have from the previous updated date/time to your new date/time.
If you booked using your Class Pass and cannot find any date/time which suits you, email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel the booking and we’ll put the session back onto your Class Pass.
How do I login to my account?
Our booking system from Bookwhen.com automatically creates your account the first time you book with us without a password. The first time you log in, you need to create your password before you can log in on the Book page.
Login To Your Account
- Click the green button [Login]
- Enter the same email address you used when you booked
- Enter the password you created
Create A New Password
- Click the link Forgotten your password? (a new tab will appear)
- Enter the same email address you used when you booked
- Click [Send reset code]
- Find the email (also check your SPAM-folder) which is sent from Bookwhen <email@example.com>
- Click Set a new password
- Enter a new password and then type the password again to verify.
- Check Stay logged in on this device if you prefer (optional)
- Click [Save password & login]
- You should now see your account page with your bookings and class passes.
How do I book using my Class Pass?
Follow the steps below in case for the quickest way to book.
- Go to the page Book
- Click the green [Login] button to login to your account. It’s important to login using the same email address used to buy the class pass.
- View the schedule and click on the session you want to book.
- Verify you see the text Included in your class pass. If you don’t see this then you’re not logged in to an account with a valid Class Pass for this type of session.
- Click [Select] to add a session to your Cart.
- Our Class Passes allows you to add more than one person to a duet/group session. Click [Select] again to add an extra attendee to your booking. Repeat for more than two people for group sessions.
- Click [View Selections] to view your selected classes and continue to checkout.
Train a session at Studio Odenplan & Studio Haga
- We provide all equipment, exercise mats and props.
- The studio opens 10 minutes before the class starts. Use the door code provided in your booking confirmation to enter.
- Wash your hands when you arrive. There are CE-certified disposable face masks available if you prefer to wear one.
- Changing area and showers exists if you need to use them
Train a session at Studio Online
- Use your own exercise mat. We use a thick exercise mat (10-15 mm) that is at least as long as you. Alternatively, you can use several thin exercise mats or a thin exercise mat on top of a regular floor mat.
- Use your own hand weights. We use light hand weights (0.5-1.0 kg). Alternatively, you can use cans or water bottles.
- Use your own props. We use a Magic Circle. Alternatively, you can use Thera-Band or a belt to aid stretching.
- Use your own soft MELT roller (MELT classes only). Alternatively, you can use another foam roller that is at least 90 cm long.
- We use Zoom at Studio Online. We use a laptop or tablet for a better experience, but a modern mobile phone also works. Install and test Zoom well in advance of your session.
- The studio opens 10 minutes before the session starts. Do not forget to charge your device before your session start, alternatively charge during the session. Feel free to test Zoom before you step into Studio Online so you know that everything works fine on your end to avoid unnecessary stress for you. Log in to your session at Studio Online using the link you received in your booking confirmation email.
- Position your device’s camera as shown below. We recommend a slight angle, ie not straight from the side or from the front, and a bit up from the ground so that you can see all four corners of the exercise mat and your head is visible when you sit up straight in the middle of your exercise mat.