Safe prenatal training during all three trimesters for moms-to-be. Pregnancy Pilates improves your strength and body awareness in a safe way
Pregnancy Pilates is a gentle and effective method that strengthens the postural and pelvic floor muscles which aid in labor and recovery. Women are more prone to back pain and injury during pregnancy due to a shift in center of gravity, carrying extra weight, and looser more unstable ligaments. Learn how to improve your strength and body awareness in a safe way.
- Safe environment to keep moving and maintain your connection to your body for as long as possible until your baby arrives!
- Restores control at a time when your body is going through major changes, none of which you have any control over. It is helpful to feel power over your body, even for just an hour
- Can help prevent diastasis recti which 30-60% of all women have after delivery. This thinning of connective tissue near the belly button is less likely to occur if you have stronger deep abdominals going into delivery
- Strengthens pelvic floor muscles which can help with incontinence that sometimes occurs due to your baby pushing down on your bladder
- Helps you to find breath control which makes breathing techniques during labor much more accessible.
- Less discomfort due to imbalances that often occur as the body adapts to make room for your growing baby. Pilates can help to strengthen the stabilizing muscles of the hips and pelvis to ensure less discomfort, especially in the lower back.
- Strengthens arms and back which is important to prepare you for all of the lifting, bending over and rounding forward (feeding, changing, pushing a stroller) in your future. Good posture and a strong upper body can prevent permanent tension, imbalances and bad habits for moms-to-be.
- Quicker recovery and return to pre-pregnancy body because the stronger you are before delivery, the quicker you will bounce back after!
Stephanie’s pregnancy pilates class has just the perfect tempo for me. It is helping me stay active and fit during pregnancy. She is really focused on students, explains every detail of movement clearly, checks we are doing everything properly and corrects us accordingly. I am planing to continue with classes after delivery 🙂
Pregnancy Pilates has made me feel better and stronger during my pregnancy. Stephanie has extensive knowledge of the body and pregnancy and a positive way to teach and challenge. Much thanks to Pilates training with Stephanie, I have gotten rid of my back problems and found better posture.
Stephanie is a great instructor for Pregnancy Pilates! For me, without previous experience of Classical Pilates, she has given me a new understanding of my body awareness and control. With her help I have been able to understand the changes i my body and to adress the problems that the body goes through during pregnancy. I give her my warmest recommendations.
I do Pregnancy Pilates through the online lessons twice per week. The classes are held in a nice, caring and professional way. I see the benefits of doing it regularly during my pregnancy and it is also fun and relaxing. I really recommend it and in this times is a perfect option do it online as it also help me stretching and relaxing the muscles after a day of work.
No membership required. From SEK 315 per class.
Small classes of 1-6 people with individual feedback.
Contact Us if you have any further questions.
What should I choose to start with?
If you are pregnant in weeks 1-13, you can start with Essential Pilates as long as it is comfortable for you to be on your back and stomach. It takes time to train and gain control of the important muscles around your baby that you use throughout pregnancy and birth, so don’t wait to start exercising safely and effectively!
From week 14 birth, we recommend Pregnant Pilates classes or Private Sessions.
After birth, we recommend that you continue your training with Mamma Pilates to slowly but surely regain strength and form before returning to normal exercise to reduce the risk of injury while your body heals from pregnancy and birth.
If you are unsure, you can always ask your midwife for advice.
Good to know before your class
- All classes is in English unless otherwise stated in your booking.
- Wear comfortable clothing without a zipper or other sharp details. We train in socks (preferably grip socks for your safety) when we train Classical Pilates.
- Bring your own water bottle and drink plenty during and after the class.
Read Train at Studio Odenplan & Haga and Train at Studio Online for more information.
What does it cost?
First. No membership fees or other frills.
NEWS: From January 1, 2023, you use Via © Credits, our training credits when you book.
How much does a Via © Credit cost?
1 © Credit costs SEK 185 including 6% VAT.
Do you have discounts?
Yes, it will be cheaper if you buy more Via © Credits at the same time.
1-19 © no discount given
20-49 © you get our Get Started Price, i.e. 5% discount
50-99 © you get our Get Moving Price, i.e. 10% discount
100+ © you get our Get Results Price, i.e. 15% discount
We do not offer any other discounts to new clients.
Can I try a class?
Absolutely! When you register at my.pilatesvia.com, you get 1 Via © Credit absolutely FREE from us to book any 25 min Matwork class. If you’d rather try a 50 min Matwork class or an Apparatus class, you can absolutely do that, but you need to buy an additional 1-2 Via © Credits.
How do I buy Via © Credits?
Sign-up on my.pilatesvia.com. We give you 1 Via © Credit for FREE which you can use to book any Matwork Class (25 min). Then you top up your account with additional Via © Credits using your card or invoice.
- Up to SEK 8,350, you pay by card (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX) from our secure partner Stripe.
- Over SEK 8,350, you pay by invoice.
When can I start using my Via © Credits?
- If you pay by card, your Via © Credits are added to the account as soon as the payment goes through.
- If you pay against an invoice, your Via © Credits will be added to the account when we have received the money in our bank account.
How much do the Matwork classes cost?
Matwork Classes (Mat and MELT) cost from SEK 160 per session. The classes are small and efficient with 1-6 people in each class.
- Matwork Class (25 min) — 1 © (from SEK 160)
- Matwork Class (50 min) — 2 © (from SEK 315)
How much do the Apparatus classes cost?
Apparatus classes (Reformer, Tower and “Wunda” Chair) cost from SEK 315 per session. The classes are small and efficient with 1-6 people in each class.
- Apparatus (1-6 people) Class (25 min) — 2 © (from SEK 315)
- Apparatus (1-6 people) Class (50 min) — 3 © (from SEK 475)
Can I use my employer health benefits and train Pilates?
Yes. The Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) approves Pilates training as a tax deductible exercise and wellness benefit activity. You will receive a receipt approved by the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) via email after we have received your payment. The receipt contains all the details that the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) requires from your employer.
Do you have monthly or annual memberships?
Nop, we do not offer monthly or annual memberships.
We only have Via © Credits which you use to book.
How do I book?
You book all classes at my.pilatesvia.com no later than 1 hour before class begins.
Uncertain? No problem, as a new client you get 1 Via © Credit when you register and can book any Matwork class (25 min) at no cost to you. After that, you buy more Via © Credits and then you also always have a 30-day right of withdrawal (sv. Ångerrätt).
If you have more questions please contact us and we will help you get started. We look forward to seeing you soon!
I've never done Pilates before, when will I see results?
Joe Pilates always said, “In 10 sessions you will feel the difference, in 20 you will see the difference, and in 30 you will have a whole new body”
Can I do this?
Yes, provided you can stand, sit and lie on the floor, you can train classes. If you have been recommended by a physiotherapist, doctor or have a known injury, we recommend at least one private session first. During a private session together with a professional instructor, you discuss your individual goals and specific challenges. The instructor observes how you move and together you step-by-step review how to modify specific exercises during a class so that you feel confident and at the same time get a safe and effective workout.
I have a disability, can I train Pilates?
It depends on your disability. We currently have clients with prosthetics who train, but we are unfortunately not able to train people who have mobility, hearing or visual impairments for safety reasons. This is something we continuously evaluate and hope to be able to offer in the future as Pilates is really good for everyone. If you are uncertain, please contact us to consult.
How often should I exercise?
To promote health, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, prevent premature death and to maintain or improve physical capacity such as fitness and strength the following is recommended for all adults from 18 years and up:
- Be physically active in total at least 150 minutes a week. The intensity should be at least moderate. At high intensity recommended at least 75 minutes per week. The activity should be spread over at least three of days of the week. Moderate and high intensity can also be combined. More physical activity provides additional health effects.
- Muscle strengthening physical activity should be performed at least twice a week for the majority of the body’s large muscle groups.
- The elderly (defined here as adults over the age of 65) should also practice balance.
Source: The Public Health Agency of Sweden, Rekommendationer för fysisk aktivitet och stillasittande (Swedish)
Joseph Pilates was ahead of his time and he recommended exercising 3 times a week. We believe you will see development with at least one private session or class per week as a complement to other physical activity to stretch and strengthen your entire body. If you can exercise two to three times a week, you will feel results much faster.
How late can I book / cancel?
You can book a class up until <strong>1 hour before (new from 2023)</strong> your class start.
You can cancel a class up until <strong>6 hours before (new from 2023)</strong> your class start.
How do I change a booking?
You sign in at my.pilatesvia.com and cancel within 12 hours (new from 2023) before training starts.
PS: Don’t forget to change any calendar event in your calendar to the new date/time.
Train at Pilates Via Odenplan (Studio H & Studio S)
Pilates Via Odenplan is located near Odenplan on the corner of Surbrunnsgatan and Hagagränd. There are two fully equipped studios there, Studio S (Surbrunnsgatan 60) & Studio H (Hagagränd 2) with two different entrances.
- We provide apparatus, training mats and tools.
- The studio opens 10 minutes before the class starts. Use the gate code you receive in your booking confirmation to enter.
- Wash your hands when you arrive.
- Clothing room & shower available
Train at Pilates Via Online (Studio O)
- Use your own exercise mat. We use a thick exercise mat (10-15 mm) that is at least as long as you. Alternatively, you can use several thin exercise mats or a thin exercise mat on top of a regular floor mat.
- Use your own hand weights. We use light hand weights (0.5-1.0 kg). Alternatively, you can use cans or water bottles.
- Use your own props. We use a Magic Circle. Alternatively, you can use Thera-Band or a belt to aid stretching.
- Use your own soft MELT roller (MELT classes only). Alternatively, you can use another foam roller that is at least 90 cm long.
- Bring a sturdy armless chair (Pregnancy classes only).
- We use Zoom at Studio Online. We use a laptop or tablet for a better experience, but a modern mobile phone also works. Install and test Zoom well in advance of your class.
- The studio opens 10 minutes before the class starts. Do not forget to charge your device before classes start, alternatively charge during class. Feel free to test Zoom before you step into Studio Online so you know that everything works fine on your end to avoid unnecessary stress for you. Log in to your class at Studio Online using the link you received in your booking confirmation email.
- Position your device’s camera as shown below. We recommend a slight angle, ie not straight from the side or from the front, and a bit up from the ground so that you can see all four corners of the exercise mat and your head is visible when you sit up straight in the middle of your exercise mat.