The foundation of Classical Pilates at a moderate pace. Essential Pilates makes you feel taller and reenergized
In Essential Pilates you experience the foundation of Classical Pilates at a moderate pace. Train the essential exercises in the original order, using proper breathing and using controlled movements with a clear intent. Learn how to improve your strength, flexibility and body awareness to enjoy an active lifestyle.
- Perfect for Everybody regardless of your fitness level, age, body type, or pre-existing injuries. That’s because Classical Pilates consists of over 600 exercises all of which have modifications and variations. The exercises can be tailored for beginners, professional athletes or anyone in between!
- It’s a Full Body Workout so even though Pilates focuses on core strength, it also develops strength and flexibility in the extremities. Compared to many other activities that isolate the muscles of the body, Pilates is an extremely efficient method of exercise because it works the body as a whole.
- Improves Mind-Body Awareness by bringing attention to your posture and which muscles you are engaging at any given moment. This mind-body connection is important in everyday movement as well as in your other physical activities.
- Increases Flexibility by contracting certain muscles, while finding length through other muscles. Many exercises work on increasing range of motion through a joint or focus on building flexibility through muscles.
- Improves Posture by your increasing your understanding of correct body alignment and increasing core strength. Good posture is a reflection of good alignment supported by a strong core.
- Improves athletic performance for a wide range of activities including golf, running, cycling, skiing, tennis, dance and more! A stronger core means more power from your center when rotating in racquet and club sports. Expect better posture, coordination, control and flexibility for all athletes.
- Risk of injury is reduced by creating a more balanced body and strengthening underutilized muscles. Bad backs improve by building support and stability in the deep abdominals and muscles that support the spine.
- Improves balance and joint health which is particularly important for older adults. Classical Pilates also improves circulation, overall health and well-being.
As an avid cyclist, I added Pilates into my exercise routine as a form of cross-training. I started working with Stephanie at a gym in my building, using a reformer, mat work and MELT with a foam roller during our sessions. I have been thrilled with the results! I am stronger in my core and more flexible and have better awareness regarding my posture. Most importantly, my Pilates with Stephanie has enabled me to keep doing what I love – ride my bike!
I have continued working with Steph since she moved to Stockholm via Skype. The experience is terrific – I truly feel like she is in the room with me, giving corrections and encouragement. Working on Skype is also very convenient. I highly recommend Skype training with Steph!
I went to Stephanie with back pain and although it is still early days, I am absolutely amazed by the results and a measurable reduction in pain in just two months. She is one of those great teachers who really takes the time to understand what is best for your body and fitness level, very attentive and recognizes when to push you and when to praise you.
Since Stephanie(’s voice) guides you throughout, in the same attentive manner as in a normal studio class, this online class is just as sweaty as a regular one 😄💦
I was hesitant to take an online pilates class at first, but within the first five minutes of class, I knew, and felt, that I was going to get a great workout. By the next day, I felt the same soreness as I did when I took her classes in person. Stephanie is a great instructor online, as she is in person. She is Attentive, can easily still adjust your positions from the camera and keeps the class moving at a great pace. I am very glad that she is offering online classes during this strange time – helps me feel somewhat normal and stretch out after working from home all day.
I like how Stephanie focuses on the technique and always corrects even the smallest mistake. I have never trained the abs so well as in her classes. Great teaching, perfect to get back into shape post pregnancy!
No question that Pilates moves your body toward good health, flexibility, and great energy. No question that Stephanie is a master at teaching! I worked with Stephanie for five years, three times a week. Stephanie is kind and fun. She is also committed to no nonsense and hard work. I have been blessed with the results! If you are looking for a way to liberate your stressed and sagging body, Pilates with Stephanie is the magic potion.
Working one on one with a skilled trainer is extremely beneficial as the teacher is able to fine tune your workout to your skill level, build on your strengths, and work on your challenges. Stephanie Fjalestad has been my primary instructor for the last twelve years and it is a pleasure working with her. What I truly admire is her ability to combine so many aspects into the classes including MELT, mat work, and working with all of the equipment. Her professionalism, experience and knowledge are brought together in an engaging personal teaching style. The newest aspect to our continuing relationship is how we have been able to continue but at the same time re-structure our sessions using Skype!
No membership required. From SEK 160 per class.
Small classes of 1-6 people with individual feedback.
We have Mat, MELT, Reformer, Tower and “Wunda” Chair classes.
Contact Us if you have any further questions.
What should I choose to start with?
We recommend most people start with an Essential Matwork class but you can also start with Essential Reformer or Essential Tower. When you’ve learned the basics, you can then benefit from training Essential Chair. You get the best results when you vary your training and that you train regularly.
We also have specialty classes Pregnancy Pilates (train safe during all trimesters), Mama Pilates (train correctly after you had a baby) and Vintage Pilates (for you 60+ who doesn’t exercise regularly)
When you master the essentials, you can train Progressive Pilates, which requires more strength, good form and knowledge in Classical Pilates.
Go to my.pilatesvia.com, create an account and get 1 Via © Credit for FREE to book any 25 min Matwork (Mat or MELT) Class.
Good to know before your class
- All classes are in English unless otherwise stated in your booking.
- Wear comfortable clothing without a zipper or other sharp details. We train in socks (preferably grip socks for your safety) when we train Classical Pilates.
- Bring your own water bottle and drink plenty during and after the class.
What does it cost?
First. No membership fees or other frills.
NEWS: From January 1, 2023, you use Via © Credits, our training credits when you book.
How much does a Via © Credit cost?
1 © Credit costs SEK 185 including 6% VAT.
Do you have discounts?
Yes, it will be cheaper if you buy more Via © Credits at the same time.
1-19 © no discount given
20-49 © you get our Get Started Price, i.e. 5% discount
50-99 © you get our Get Moving Price, i.e. 10% discount
100+ © you get our Get Results Price, i.e. 15% discount
We do not offer any other discounts to new clients.
Can I try a class?
Absolutely! When you register at my.pilatesvia.com, you get 1 Via © Credit absolutely FREE from us to book any 25 min Matwork class. If you’d rather try a 50 min Matwork class or an Apparatus class, you can absolutely do that, but you need to buy an additional 1-2 Via © Credits.
How do I buy Via © Credits?
Sign-up on my.pilatesvia.com. We give you 1 Via © Credit for FREE which you can use to book any Matwork Class (25 min). Then you top up your account with additional Via © Credits using your card or invoice.
- Up to SEK 8,350, you pay by card (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX) from our secure partner Stripe.
- Over SEK 8,350, you pay by invoice.
When can I start using my Via © Credits?
- If you pay by card, your Via © Credits are added to the account as soon as the payment goes through.
- If you pay against an invoice, your Via © Credits will be added to the account when we have received the money in our bank account.
How much do the Matwork classes cost?
Matwork Classes (Mat and MELT) cost from SEK 160 per session. The classes are small and efficient with 1-6 people in each class.
- Matwork Class (25 min) — 1 © (from SEK 160)
- Matwork Class (50 min) — 2 © (from SEK 315)
How much do the Apparatus classes cost?
Apparatus classes (Reformer, Tower and “Wunda” Chair) cost from SEK 315 per session. The classes are small and efficient with 1-6 people in each class.
- Apparatus (1-6 people) Class (25 min) — 2 © (from SEK 315)
- Apparatus (1-6 people) Class (50 min) — 3 © (from SEK 475)
Can I use my employer health benefits and train Pilates?
Yes. The Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) approves Pilates training as a tax deductible exercise and wellness benefit activity. You will receive a receipt approved by the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) via email after we have received your payment. The receipt contains all the details that the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) requires from your employer.
Do you have monthly or annual memberships?
Nop, we do not offer monthly or annual memberships.
We only have Via © Credits which you use to book.
How do I book?
You book all classes at my.pilatesvia.com no later than 1 hour before class begins.
Uncertain? No problem, as a new client you get 1 Via © Credit when you register and can book any Matwork class (25 min) at no cost to you. After that, you buy more Via © Credits and then you also always have a 30-day right of withdrawal (sv. Ångerrätt).
If you have more questions please contact us and we will help you get started. We look forward to seeing you soon!
I've never done Pilates before, when will I see results?
Joe Pilates always said, “In 10 sessions you will feel the difference, in 20 you will see the difference, and in 30 you will have a whole new body”
Can I do this?
Yes, provided you can stand, sit and lie on the floor, you can train classes. If you have been recommended by a physiotherapist, doctor or have a known injury, we recommend at least one private session first. During a private session together with a professional instructor, you discuss your individual goals and specific challenges. The instructor observes how you move and together you step-by-step review how to modify specific exercises during a class so that you feel confident and at the same time get a safe and effective workout.
I have a disability, can I train Pilates?
It depends on your disability. We currently have clients with prosthetics who train, but we are unfortunately not able to train people who have mobility, hearing or visual impairments for safety reasons. This is something we continuously evaluate and hope to be able to offer in the future as Pilates is really good for everyone. If you are uncertain, please contact us to consult.
How often should I exercise?
To promote health, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, prevent premature death and to maintain or improve physical capacity such as fitness and strength the following is recommended for all adults from 18 years and up:
- Be physically active in total at least 150 minutes a week. The intensity should be at least moderate. At high intensity recommended at least 75 minutes per week. The activity should be spread over at least three of days of the week. Moderate and high intensity can also be combined. More physical activity provides additional health effects.
- Muscle strengthening physical activity should be performed at least twice a week for the majority of the body’s large muscle groups.
- The elderly (defined here as adults over the age of 65) should also practice balance.
Joseph Pilates was ahead of his time and he recommended exercising 3 times a week. We believe you will see development with at least one private session or class per week as a complement to other physical activity to stretch and strengthen your entire body. If you can exercise two to three times a week, you will feel results much faster.
How late can I book / cancel?
You can book a class up until <strong>1 hour before (new from 2023)</strong> your class start.
You can cancel a class up until <strong>6 hours before (new from 2023)</strong> your class start.
How do I change a booking?
You sign in at my.pilatesvia.com and cancel within 12 hours (new from 2023) before training starts.
PS: Don’t forget to change any calendar event in your calendar to the new date/time.
Train at Pilates Via Odenplan (Studio H & Studio S)
Pilates Via Odenplan is located near Odenplan on the corner of Surbrunnsgatan and Hagagränd. There are two fully equipped studios there, Studio S (Surbrunnsgatan 60) & Studio H (Hagagränd 2) with two different entrances.
- We provide apparatus, training mats and tools.
- The studio opens 10 minutes before the class starts. Use the gate code you receive in your booking confirmation to enter.
- Wash your hands when you arrive.
- Clothing room & shower available
Train at Pilates Via Online (Studio O)
- Use your own exercise mat. We use a thick exercise mat (10-15 mm) that is at least as long as you. Alternatively, you can use several thin exercise mats or a thin exercise mat on top of a regular floor mat.
- Use your own hand weights. We use light hand weights (0.5-1.0 kg). Alternatively, you can use cans or water bottles.
- Use your own props. We use a Magic Circle. Alternatively, you can use Thera-Band or a belt to aid stretching.
- Use your own soft MELT roller (MELT classes only). Alternatively, you can use another foam roller that is at least 90 cm long.
- Bring a sturdy armless chair (Pregnancy classes only).
- We use Zoom at Studio Online. We use a laptop or tablet for a better experience, but a modern mobile phone also works. Install and test Zoom well in advance of your class.
- The studio opens 10 minutes before the class starts. Do not forget to charge your device before classes start, alternatively charge during class. Feel free to test Zoom before you step into Studio Online so you know that everything works fine on your end to avoid unnecessary stress for you. Log in to your class at Studio Online using the link you received in your booking confirmation email.
- Position your device’s camera as shown below. We recommend a slight angle, ie not straight from the side or from the front, and a bit up from the ground so that you can see all four corners of the exercise mat and your head is visible when you sit up straight in the middle of your exercise mat.