The foundation of Classical Pilates at a moderate pace
Essential Pilates makes you feel taller and reenergized
In Essential Pilates you experience the foundation of Classical Pilates at a moderate pace. Train the essential exercises in the original order, using proper breathing and using controlled movements with a clear intent. Learn how to improve your body awareness, strength and flexibility and feel good.
- Perfect for Everybody regardless of your fitness level, age, body type, or pre-existing injuries. That’s because Classical Pilates consists of over 600 exercises all of which have modifications and variations. The exercises can be tailored for beginners, professional athletes or anyone in between!
- It’s a Full Body Workout so even though Pilates focuses on core strength, it also develops strength and flexibility in the extremities. Compared to many other activities that isolate the muscles of the body, Pilates is an extremely efficient method of exercise because it works the body as a whole.
- Improves Mind-Body Awareness by bringing attention to your posture and which muscles you are engaging at any given moment. This mind-body connection is important in everyday movement as well as in your other physical activities.
- Increases Flexibility by contracting certain muscles, while finding length through other muscles. Many exercises work on increasing range of motion through a joint or focus on building flexibility through muscles.
- Improves Posture by your increasing your understanding of correct body alignment and increasing core strength. Good posture is a reflection of good alignment supported by a strong core.
- Improves athletic performance for a wide range of activities including golf, running, cycling, skiing, tennis, dance and more! A stronger core means more power from your center when rotating in racquet and club sports. Expect better posture, coordination, control and flexibility for all athletes.
- Risk of injury is reduced by creating a more balanced body and strengthening underutilized muscles. Bad backs improve by building support and stability in the deep abdominals and muscles that support the spine.
- Improves balance and joint health which is particularly important for older adults. Classical Pilates also improves circulation, overall health and well-being.
As an avid cyclist, I added Pilates into my exercise routine as a form of cross-training. I started working with Stephanie at a gym in my building, using a reformer, mat work and MELT with a foam roller during our sessions. I have been thrilled with the results! I am stronger in my core and more flexible and have better awareness regarding my posture. Most importantly, my Pilates with Stephanie has enabled me to keep doing what I love – ride my bike!
I have continued working with Steph since she moved to Stockholm via Skype. The experience is terrific – I truly feel like she is in the room with me, giving corrections and encouragement. Working on Skype is also very convenient. I highly recommend Skype training with Steph!
I went to Stephanie with back pain and although it is still early days, I am absolutely amazed by the results and a measurable reduction in pain in just two months. She is one of those great teachers who really takes the time to understand what is best for your body and fitness level, very attentive and recognizes when to push you and when to praise you.
I like how Stephanie focuses on the technique and always corrects even the smallest mistake. I have never trained the abs so well as in her classes. Great teaching, perfect to get back into shape post pregnancy!
Since Stephanie(’s voice) guides you throughout, in the same attentive manner as in a normal studio class, this online class is just as sweaty as a regular one 😄💦
I was hesitant to take an online pilates class at first, but within the first five minutes of class, I knew, and felt, that I was going to get a great workout. By the next day, I felt the same soreness as I did when I took her classes in person. Stephanie is a great instructor online, as she is in person. She is Attentive, can easily still adjust your positions from the camera and keeps the class moving at a great pace. I am very glad that she is offering online classes during this strange time – helps me feel somewhat normal and stretch out after working from home all day.
No question that Pilates moves your body toward good health, flexibility, and great energy. No question that Stephanie is a master at teaching! I worked with Stephanie for five years, three times a week. Stephanie is kind and fun. She is also committed to no nonsense and hard work. I have been blessed with the results! If you are looking for a way to liberate your stressed and sagging body, Pilates with Stephanie is the magic potion.
Working one on one with a skilled trainer is extremely beneficial as the teacher is able to fine tune your workout to your skill level, build on your strengths, and work on your challenges. Stephanie Fjalestad has been my primary instructor for the last twelve years and it is a pleasure working with her. What I truly admire is her ability to combine so many aspects into the classes including MELT, mat work, and working with all of the equipment. Her professionalism, experience and knowledge are brought together in an engaging personal teaching style. The newest aspect to our continuing relationship is how we have been able to continue but at the same time re-structure our sessions using Skype!