Safe prenatal training during all three trimesters for moms-to-be
Pregnancy Pilates improves your strength and body awareness in a safe way
Pregnancy Pilates gentle and effective method, strengthens the postural and pelvic floor muscles that aid in labor and recovery. Women are more prone to back pain and injury during pregnancy due to a shift in center of gravity, carrying extra weight, and looser more unstable ligaments. Learn how to improve your strength and body awareness in a safe way.
- Safe environment to keep moving and maintain your connection to your body for as long as possible until your baby arrives!
- Restores control at a time when your body is going through major changes, none of which you have any control over. It is helpful to feel power over your body, even for just an hour
- Can help prevent diastasis recti which 30-60% of all women have after delivery. This thinning of connective tissue near the belly button is less likely to occur if you have stronger deep abdominals going into delivery
- Strengthens pelvic floor muscles which can help with incontinence that sometimes occurs due to your baby pushing down on your bladder
- Helps you to find breath control which makes breathing techniques during labor much more accessible.
- Less discomfort due to imbalances that often occur as the body adapts to make room for your growing baby. Pilates can help to strengthen the stabilizing muscles of the hips and pelvis to ensure less discomfort, especially in the lower back.
- Strengthens arms and back which is important to prepare you for all of the lifting, bending over and rounding forward (feeding, changing, pushing a stroller) in your future. Good posture and a strong upper body can prevent permanent tension, imbalances and bad habits for moms-to-be.
- Quicker recovery and return to pre-pregnancy body because the stronger you are before delivery, the quicker you will bounce back after!
Stephanie’s pregnancy pilates class has just the perfect tempo for me. It is helping me stay active and fit during pregnancy. She is really focused on students, explains every detail of movement clearly, checks we are doing everything properly and corrects us accordingly. I am planing to continue with classes after delivery 🙂
Pregnancy Pilates has made me feel better and stronger during my pregnancy. Stephanie has extensive knowledge of the body and pregnancy and a positive way to teach and challenge. Much thanks to Pilates training with Stephanie, I have gotten rid of my back problems and found better posture.
Stephanie is a great instructor for Pregnancy Pilates! For me, without previous experience of Classical Pilates, she has given me a new understanding of my body awareness and control. With her help I have been able to understand the changes i my body and to adress the problems that the body goes through during pregnancy. I give her my warmest recommendations.
I do Pregnancy Pilates through the online lessons twice per week. The classes are held in a nice, caring and professional way. I see the benefits of doing it regularly during my pregnancy and it is also fun and relaxing. I really recommend it and in this times is a perfect option do it online as it also help me stretching and relaxing the muscles after a day of work.
No membership required. From 280 kr per Class.
Small classes of 4-8 people per class with individual feedback.
What should I choose to start with?
We recommend most people to start with Pregnant Pilates | Mat class where you train safely all trimesters. Before week 14, you can also train Essential Pilates as long as it is comfortable for you to be on your back and stomach. From week 14 we recommend Pregnant Pilates until birth. After birth, you should continue training with Mama Pilates and slowly regain your confidence, strength and form before returning to normal exercise.
Tip! Our Matwork Class Passes work for training in all classes with Mat such as Essential Pilates, Progressive Pilates, Pregnancy Pilates and Mama Pilates. In addition, they have no expiration date so you can take a break when you need to.
Good to know before your class
- All classes is in English unless otherwise stated in your booking.
- Wear comfortable clothing without a zipper or other sharp details. We train in socks (preferably grip socks for your safety) when we train Classical Pilates.
- Bring your own water bottle and drink plenty during and after the class.
How do I book?
Temporary Changes During Pandemic
We follow authorities guidelines and current laws and regulations. Learn more.
Until July 1st, 2021 you can reschedule up to 6 hours before your class starts. From July 1st, 2021 you can reschedule your class up to 24 hours before your class starts.
Can I do this?
Yes, provided you can stand, sit and lie on the floor, you can train classes. If you have been recommended by a physiotherapist, doctor or have a known injury, we recommend at least one private session first. During a private session together with a professional instructor, you discuss your individual goals and specific challenges. The instructor observes how you move and together you step-by-step review how to modify specific exercises during a class so that you feel confident and at the same time get a safe and effective workout.
I have a disability, can I train Pilates?
It depends on your disability. We currently have clients with prosthetics who train, but we are unfortunately not able to train people who have mobility, hearing or visual impairments for safety reasons. This is something we continuously evaluate and hope to be able to offer in the future as Pilates is really good for everyone. If you are uncertain, please contact us to consult.
How often should I exercise?
To promote health, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, prevent premature death and to maintain or improve physical capacity such as fitness and strength the following is recommended for all adults from 18 years and up:
- Be physically active in total at least 150 minutes a week. The intensity should be at least moderate. At high intensity recommended at least 75 minutes per week. The activity should be spread over at least three of days of the week. Moderate and high intensity can also be combined. More physical activity provides additional health effects.
- Muscle strengthening physical activity should be performed at least twice a week for the majority of the body’s large muscle groups.
- The elderly (defined here as adults over the age of 65) should also practice balance.
Joseph Pilates was ahead of his time and he recommended exercising 3 times a week. We believe you will see development with at least one private session or class per week as a complement to other physical activity to stretch and strengthen your entire body. If you can exercise two to three times a week, you will feel results much faster.
How much does classes cost?
First. No membership fees or other frills.
The price depends on the type of class ( Matwork or Apparatus), the duration (25 min or 50 min), and whether you buy individual classes or buy a Class Pass. The Class Passes are Get Started (10 classes), Get Moving (25 classes) or Get Results (50 classes) and are available for different types of classes.
Price Comparison per Class
|165 SEK||330 SEK||495 SEK|
|155 SEK||310 SEK||465 SEK|
|150 SEK||300 SEK||450 SEK|
|140 SEK||280 SEK||420 SEK|
All Class Passes have no expiration date. All prices are stated in Swedish kronor (SEK) including 6% VAT.
Do you have discounts?
For those of you who have not tried a Matwork or Apparatus class, we offer a trial-discount -165 SEK.
Use the discount code TRYACLASS when you book and the price will be adjusted the first time you book with us.
Unfortunately, we do not offer other discounts such as student discount, pensioner discount, etc.
Do you have monthly or annual memberships? How much is a Class Pass?
We do not offer monthly or annual memberships for unlimited training. We offer Class Passes.
The advantage of a Class Pass is that you can take a break for as long and as often as you want. No stress if you feel unwell for a period of time or if you are planning a longer trip!
All types, Matwork (25 min), Matwork (50 min) and Apparatus (50 min), have their own Class Passes. Most people choose one of the Get Started Class Passes after they have completed a trial class, but it is of course optional to choose the one that suits you best.
Class Pass Matwork (25 min)—Used for Mat & MELT Classes
- Get Started (10 classes)—1,550 SEK (comp. price 155 SEK/class. You save 100 SEK)
- Get Moving (25 classes)—3,750 SEK (comp. price 150 SEK/class. You save 375 SEK)
- Get Results (50 classes)—7,000 SEK (comp. price 140 SEK/class. You save 1,250 SEK)
Class Pass Matwork (50 min)—Used for Mat & MELT Classes
- Get Started (10 classes)—3,100 SEK (comp. price 310 SEK/class. You save 200 SEK)
- Get Moving (25 classes)—7,500 SEK (comp. price 300 SEK/class. You save 750 SEK)
- Get Results (50 classes)—14,000 SEK (comp. price 280 SEK/class. You save 2,500 SEK)
Class Pass Apparatus (50 min)—Used for Reformer, Tower och Chair Classes
- Get Started (10 classes)—4,650 SEK (comp. price 465 SEK/class. You save 300 SEK)
- Get Moving (25 classes)—11,250 SEK (comp. price 450 SEK/class. You save 1,125 SEK)
- Get Results (50 classes)—21,000 SEK (comp. price 420 SEK/class. You save 3,750 SEK)
How do I buy a Class Pass?
You can buy all Get Started Class Passes when you book your class. To buy any of the Get Moving or Get Results Class Passes, email us at email@example.com and we will help you.
Klick on Book to open a new tab and begin booking. Note! It is currently not possible to only buy a Class Pass without booking at least one class.
- Click [CLASS PASSES] to see your options and prices.
- Click [Select] to add a Class Pass to your shopping cart.
- Click [SCHEDULE] or [Select more] to return to the schedule and add classes to your shopping cart. You should now see the text Included in your class pass just below the Select section if the package you just added can be used to book this class.
- Click [View selections] to show your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.
How late can I book / reschedule?
Classes are bookable up until the class starts. If you need to reschedule, you can do so yourself using the link provided in your booking confirmation you received via email. You can reschedule up to 24 hours before your class starts.
How do I reschedule my booking?
Find your booking confirmation email (or reminder email).
- Click [View booking]. A new window opens with your booking details (no need to login).
- Find the class you want to reschedule from the list
- Click [Ticket options]
- Click [Transfer ticket]
- Click on the list <Select event and ticket type>
- Choose what you want to train from the list. Only valid options to be rescheduled (transfered) into for this booking will be shown.
- Click [Select a new ticket date/time] to pick a new date/time you would like to reschedule to
- Click [Save] and then [OK] to confirm and proceed with the change to move selected date/time of your booking.
A new email is sent to you with the title “Ticket changed” where you see both the Transferred (old date/time) and the Transfer (new date/time).
PS. Don’t forget to change any Calendar Event you may have from the previous updated date/time to your new date/time.
How do I login to my account?
Our booking system from Bookwhen.com automatically creates your account the first time you book with us without a password. The first time you log in, you need to create your password before you can log in on the Book page.
Login To Your Account
- Click the green button [Login]
- Enter the same email address you used when you booked
- Enter the password you created
Create A New Password
- Click the link Forgotten your password? (a new tab will appear)
- Enter the same email address you used when you booked
- Click [Send reset code]
- Find the email (also check your SPAM-folder) which is sent from Bookwhen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Click Set a new password
- Enter a new password and then type the password again to verify.
- Check Stay logged in on this device if you prefer (optional)
- Click [Save password & login]
- You should now see your account page with your bookings and class passes.
How do I book using my Class Pass?
Follow the steps below in case for the quickest way to book.
- Click the green [Login] button to login to your account where your Class Pass is registered.
- Find and click on the class / session you want to book in the schedule.
- Verify you see the text Included in your class pass. If you don’t see this then you’re not logged in to an account with a valid Class Pass for this type of class.
- Click [Select] to add a class to your Cart.
- Our Class Passes allow you to add more than one person to a class and booking. Click [Select] again to add an extra attendee to your booking. Repeat for additional people.
- Click [View Selections] to view your selected classes and continue to checkout.
Train at Studio Odenplan & Studio Haga
- We provide all equipment, exercise mats and props.
- The studio opens 10 minutes before the class starts. Use the door code provided in your booking confirmation to enter.
- Wash your hands when you arrive. There are CE-certified disposable face masks available if you prefer to wear one.
Train at Studio Online
- Use your own exercise mat. We use a thick exercise mat (10-15 mm) that is at least as long as you. Alternatively, you can use several thin exercise mats or a thin exercise mat on top of a regular floor mat.
- Use your own hand weights. We use light hand weights (0.5-1.0 kg). Alternatively, you can use cans or water bottles.
- Use your own props. We use a Magic Circle. Alternatively, you can use Thera-Band or a belt to aid stretching.
- Use your own soft MELT roller (MELT classes only). Alternatively, you can use another foam roller that is at least 90 cm long.
- We use Zoom at Studio Online. We use a laptop or tablet for a better experience, but a modern mobile phone also works. Install and test Zoom well in advance of your class.
- The studio opens 10 minutes before the class starts. Do not forget to charge your device before classes start, alternatively charge during class. Feel free to test Zoom before you step into Studio Online so you know that everything works fine on your end to avoid unnecessary stress for you. Log in to your class at Studio Online using the link you received in your booking confirmation email.
- Position your device’s camera as shown below. We recommend a slight angle, ie not straight from the side or from the front, and a bit up from the ground so that you can see all four corners of the exercise mat and your head is visible when you sit up straight in the middle of your exercise mat.